Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Texans and Inserivce

Sooo we got to do something FUN last night!!! Ernst and Young has a suite at Reliant Stadium that employees can host clients at or employees can reserve to use and last night Jacob's team got to use it! 




I've never gotten to go to a suite like this at any sporting event so I was pretty excited. We got nice little badges to wear and there was Ernst and Young written on the suite sign.




It was a nice room with a lady attendant and LOTS of food! Taquitos, mini hotdogs, hamburger sliders, chicken tenders... and later the ICE CREAM cart came around!! I love ice cream in a helmet, I have no idea why... So fun!! The view wasn't bad either. ;0)




So, I sat there thinking last night... my school definitely doesn't have a suite at Reliant Stadium, we don't even have a working copier half the time. Yeah, 1100 students, 80ish teachers and one copier... it's really cool. I get excited when we get muffins for breakfast in the morning. ;0) We had super fun last night though, it was fun to meet Jacob's team members and it was cool to have such a neat opportunity!




Here's a perk of my job... INSERVICE!!!!!!!! hahaha I'm totally kidding.... Here's my teacher neighbor working on an experiment we did today. It was an experiment on humidity, we taped two thermometers to a ruler and then put a moist (that's a great word, isn't it???) cotton ball on one of the thermometers and then fanned it for five minutes. Or rather, Brandon fanned it and Kacey and I sat and laughed at him. The moisture was supposed to evaporate which affects the temperature of the cotton ball. Then we compared the two temperatures (Cotton ball and room temperature) and used a fancy table to see what the humidity of the room was. Apparently it wasn't very accurate, but are we really surprised about that once you read through the explanation? 




Well, two days of inservice down and 2 more to go plus a fancy work day on Friday!! Then comes a nice weekend and then the children come!! Whoo hoo!! Y'all get ready for story time, you know it will be coming. ;0)

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear them. And humidity!! Welcome to my new world. I now know why people takes baths at night also. After you walk around, you just feel stickly. It wasn't too bad today though. It was overcast. And a little rain. Tell Brandon that it looks like he is doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only perks I get is the occasional baseball hat. But then again the vendors do bring in food on occasion!

    Be selective with story time (lawsuits and stuff.) Some people will do anything to get a quick easy buck!

    BTW.... Say hi to Anita for me! :-)

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know, I wouldn't really write anything on here incriminating. We get lectured about it ALL the time because a lot of people don't discriminate very well!! They told us this week that if we are friends with even one student on Facebook that they can fire us. Glad I deactivated mine!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete