Friday, May 4, 2012

Our Newest Home Addition :0)

So I just thought I would give those of you interested in a little update on my most recent endeavor. :0) I have a garden! One of my friends from work, Kelli, (she actually has moved to the high school now) helped me get one started a little over a month ago. She came over and helped me dig up the grass (which took forever and I was waaaay sore afterwards!) and helped me decide what to buy and plant. I have planted zucchini, squash, watermelon, bell peppers, strawberries, onions, potatoes (just a couple), jalapeƱos, tomatoes, cucumbers and other herbs like cilantro, parsley, basil and thyme. Anyway, I just thought I would post some pictures so you can see how much it has progressed over the last month. It has really been a neat thing to watch. It has given me a whole new perspective on so many of the Bible verses about plants, watering them and growing or fading away. It's been so exciting watching them grow, and I can't help but think that God must feel like that about us as we grow up in Him. It's amazing to me that they are actually growing too, I really thought I would spend that money and all of it would die haha... I guess they are more hearty than they look. (watering every day has helped too I think!) :0)


Pre-planting day :0)

Day we started the Garden

Plants are growing! I added a little white fence too to help keep my Jacey out. :0)

My little helper loves to drink out of the water hose...





Tomatoes

Bellpeppers

JalapeƱos 


The picture above is a little greenhouse that I started some pea and green bean seeds in. I tried this once and left them out in the sun too long (we had gone to Vidor for Easter), so this time is working out much better. It's amazing how fast they have shot up the past couple of days. Hopefully in a few days or a week I'll be able to transplant them into the back of my garden.


As always, it's hard for me to make a post without including a picture of my sweetheart. She has loved the garden too and gets so excited when I water each night. She is constantly making me smile. Hope she does the same for you!!! :0)





4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I don't know how many times through the years I've thought that I should at least grow some tomatoes, but I've never done it.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It's not as hard as you would think! Most of the work is at the beginning, once you get them planted you just water and watch them grow! It's very rewarding!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you inherited Paws-Paws green thumb! I don't know if you remember, but he had plowed up is whole back yard and turned it into a garden.

    As you know, I can't make grass grow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I remember how he used to have all kind of stuff in the backyard! Hopefully mine will continue to grow so we can eat some of the veggies!

      Delete