Monday, May 28, 2012

Some things lately...

Just thought I would do a quick post about some things we've done lately. Just in case anyone's interested. :0)


About a month ago we went up to College Station to see some of our friends there and their new baby. They have a labradoodle named Shelby and Jacey absolutely loved playing with him. We got to go to the park with the kids and spend some time celebrating Erica's birthday. 




Me and Hailee swinging



March and April are my busiest months of the school year with our Science STAAR (used to be TAKS) test. We did a Round Robin Review for the 8th graders where we had the pre-ap kids teach the other students in a 40 lab station rotation. It took about 3 and a half hours and went really well this year. Can't tell you how many hours me and Kacey put in to get everything together, but I think it was worth it. We had a lot of positive feedback this year from the kids, and a lot of the said the review helped them on their test, so yay!






My Science Side-kick at school!

My sister and I met my Mom and Aunt Jacque for Mother's Day in Baytown. We had lunch and did a little shopping at Kohls. :0) I am super blessed to have such amazing women in my family.



Jacob's Grandpa Campbell passed away on Mother's day, so we made the 12 hour drive to Alabama for his funeral. It was so nice to be with the whole family, it's been 2 or 3 years since all of Jacob's cousins and their kids have been together. It was a sad occasion, but it was really neat to see how everyone had grown and changed. Hopefully I can get some pictures from Becky to repost later. After the funeral, we drove back for Joanna's bridal shower in Vidor.



Jacey missed her parents while we were gone!

This little girl belonged to our friend who hosted Joanna's shower. She was a sweetie!


Thursday night this week Joanna had her Southside Bridal shower and this was the cake Emily made. 



The year is coming to a close at school and one of my best students gave me this drawing! I am just so impressed! I am definitely framing this one!



For Memorial weekend, Jacob's sister and kids came down to visit. We went swimming in Katy with Josh and Jenny's girls and then enjoyed some time together Sunday afternoon.





Jacob and I took Jacey out to the dog park off of Bay Area today and let her run around with the other doggies and had a picnic lunch together. It was really a lot of fun, it's always fun to see her running around so happy. She met a couple of golden doodles today, one was named Emma like my niece! It was hard to get a good shot of them together because they were both running around so much, but you can see part of her in some of the pictures. It's definitely something we will do again this summer. 











June 5 I leave for Singapore, so I will definitely be making some posts to keep you guys updated! I'm looking forward to traveling with Kacey and seeing my old department head and the new life she has made with her family! :0)



No comments:

Post a Comment