Friday, July 1, 2016

Corpus Christi, TX - June 2016: Days 1 & 2

There is a back story to this little trip... A lot of people have probably heard it by now but just in case... 

So we've been planning over a year to take a cruise with my family. We're big cruise people. I think you either love cruises or you hate them, or maybe you're just completely freaked out by them... but we like to be spoiled and we like the thought of sitting by the water all day and then walking over to grab a hamburger whenever we want it. And people make your bed and cut towel animals every day. So we're cruise people. 

Well, my mom is an expert travel agent. I hope to reach her level of expertise one day, I think I'm getting close haha... but anyway, mom likes to inform us of every detail and option, what is going on on what day, what we should pack, what kind of mosquito repellent we need for the Zika virus... the list goes on. My mom has it covered. So she's been working on this trip like for forever. We're all excited. We're pumped. It's coming. We've been shopping and packing and everything else for months. 

And then it happens.

My brother in law, Michael, is attacked by a rogue tuba case. 

I'm not making this up people. It happened. He was working at the band hall, and a tuba case lashed out at him and threw itself upon him. So when he tried to keep it from falling, he dislocated him thumb. And ouch. Oh the horror. Because Michael needs his thumb, he does a lot of things with his thumb. And oh yeah, this happened two days before we were supposed to leave. So Joanna and Michael spent the whole day at the ER, lots of scanning and x raying and popping a thumb back into place without working pain meds... it was a horrible day. And then the realization that poor Michael needs surgery... and can't wait over a week to have it. Because he wants his thumb to work again. 

So needless to say, we canceled our trip (my mom of course had gotten travel insurance) and rescheduled for a later date. But our bags were packed. Jackson knew we were supposed to go somewhere with my parents... so I hopped onto to Homeway.com and found us a cute townhouse to spend a few days in Corpus. So, here we go. :)

Coffee. Duh. 
Ready to go with a new train book! And yes, that is a Minnie Mouse cup that he picked out at Target. 
Afternoon coffee. Of course. Thanks Buccees. P.S.- Did you know that individual creamers at Buccees are free if you use it at the coffee station, but if you want to carry them out the door, you must pay for it. Does that sound weird to anyone else???
Our fearless pilot!
Joanna and Michael got "cruise ready" just for kicks even though they were umm not going on a cruise and actually visiting the hand doctor instead haha..
Pumping gas is complicated...
And apparently a little creepy too...
So I kept telling Joanna that Michael earned "T-Rex" status with this bum arm thing going on... Finally got some pictures out of him...

And we made it! Yes, these two pictures are while we were driving... my Granddad used to do this all the time. He would be driving with his huge VHS tape recorder on his shoulder taking videos of wherever they were going haha... so I snap pictures here and there too sometimes and it makes me think of him.



Here is our cute townhouse before we destroyed it with our stuff everywhere haha... Yes, I take pictures of everything. You probably should know this by now. It was in a great location and had the perfect set up for all of us.






even the bathroom gets a shot... this is a very important place people, you don't want to stay somewhere with a crummy bathroom, now do you?? 







I included this picture because at this point we have been here ten minutes and Jackson gets a mosquito bite. More on that coming later...
This little guy is so good about sleeping in the car. Can't say that for his older brother ever though haha...
We went to a place on the water called Snoopy's for dinner, and then got ice cream at Scoopy's haha... it was yummy!

I love this sweet face :)



This one takes after his momma where ice cream is concerned. Focused...Leave me alone I'm busy.

It's bed time Pa-Pa!


Sunday morning we got up and went to church at Parkway Church of Christ and met up with some good friends for lunch at Señor Jaime's!  We spent the afternoon swimming in the condo pool area and then grabbed some pizza for dinner from Brooklyn Pie Co. That place was packed and had delicious pizza!!
This little guy was so tired this morning! Getting some snuggles with Pa-Pa!

Mom... seriously, it has to be nap time by now!

hmm... I think it is time to go SWIM!




Respect the stache yo!

Why else do you have kids except to make them pull you around in the pool hah...

PIZZA
My parents went to scope out the beach while we put the boys to bed.
End of day 2! Next post will be over days 3 and 4!

2 comments:

  1. I loved all of your cute comments about my travel agent experience and Michael's T-Rex arm! It made me laugh which I really needed at this time in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it mom! You know how much I like being silly about stuff lol...

      Delete