Sunday, October 16, 2011

Super Saturday!!! :0)

So I have to say, I had a superb Saturday this weekend. It started out with our monthly prayer breakfast that we recently started here. It is so nice!! A group of women get together for breakfast, and then everyone makes a prayer request on cards. Each person get a card and then we do a circle prayer type thing and each person prays about what is on the card they got. It's amazing, we have seen prayers answered since our last month and it's such a cool way to get to know each other better.


After the breakfast, I picked up my Scentsy order from Trisha from the basket party I did. Here are a couple of my new Scentsys. I also got a little snowman one too for the winter, but he's going to stay in the box until later. :0)



Upstairs in the "game room" area.

In the guest bedroom!

In our bathroom!
So I think it's safe to say that we have enough of this now. It's nice getting a ton of free stuff though for doing the little parties. :0) I love the quality of the wax and it smells so good!!


I then decided to go to the yoga class at 24 hour fitness. Norma is the instructor and she is hard!! One hour of her stretches and standing poses will do you in. I was shaking for a couple of hours afterwards, but it is such a good feeling. Yoga is so good for your body, it stretches your muscles, releasing the lactic acid that builds up during the day. It also stretches the other soft tissues of you body like your tendons and ligaments. Yoga also improves your posture and strengthen your muscles in your legs and core, and it helps with overall flexibility and balance. Those are just basic benefits. That doesn't even count the internal benefits you receive form various poses such as improved lung capacity, focus and concentration, mood benefits, improved energy levels (I should be doing this EVERY day!! haha...) and there have even been studies on how yoga improves your ability to learn and retain imformation. It's amazing, the more I research the benefits, the more I am impressed. I highly recommend it. Just give it a try and have an open mind. It can be difficult at first, especially if you aren't very flexible, but with time your body will release and you will see the benefits. Ok, I'm stepping off my yoga soap box now. *Step, step...*


After yoga, I went home and these were sitting on our counter. :0) I just love my hubby!




I showered, ate lunch and then went over to my bestie's house!! Bridget (her blog is the Someday Dreams one...) and I had a date planned for the afternoon. We did some shopping and then went to see the Help. We had both read the book and wanted to see it before it left theaters. Awesome story, but I could have done without the language. I cried about 4 times just from the sad things that went on, but it seems like I do that more as I get older. It's funny, because I used to make fun of my Mom, Aunt and Grandmom for crying about everything... I still have a ways to go though before I get to their point haha!! After dinner, Bridget and I met our hubbies for dinner at Outback. It's always a blast hanging out with them, Jeff and Jacob together are pretty ridiculous. 


A couple of verses to leave you with... Bridget's sister in law brought this one up in our Bible class this morning and it's definitely a keeper. ;0)


"For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His. " - 2 Chron. 16:9


She brought up this verse to counter the following one.

"Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. You adverary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion seeking someone to devour." - 1 Pet. 5:8

(I actually have a little doodle of a lion by that verse in my Bible!)


I love how these two verses go hand in hand. It's like God is saying, "Even though Satan stalks around looking for a feast, I am also looking for those to rescue from the feast, but they have to want to be rescued!!" Thanks for the thought and I hope you don't mind me sharing it Emily!! ;0)


Hope y'all have a super fabulous week!!!

2 comments:

  1. That prayer group is a great way to "bear one another's burdens." So often we neglect that particular command even though it is crucial to "fulfill the law of Christ"! Good thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think you can get Scentsy's in 220-240 volts? Sure would be nice to have a nice smelling house.

    ReplyDelete