Thursday, October 6, 2011

Science Award and a Pup Cut!

So some of you may know that last year I did a science mentor collaboration with the University of Houston in Clear Lake. Basically, that means that I completed 105 science and pedagogy workshop hours (this may not like much but when you work full time, and work more than just 8 hours a day, this was rough!) The workshops were great though, lots of science information and free instructional books and lab aids. Kacey (my next door neighbor twin at work) also did this with me, and we mentored a UHCL student throughout the year as well. She would come and help out in class, observe etc. Well anyway, last week, we received an award for our hard work and a little gift. (We received $1,000 in May, don't think I did this for free!! haha...) It was really neat though, to get recognized for your hard work and for all of the millions of sacrifices you make daily for our kids. It was nice to hear a simple, "Thank you, you are important, and we appreciate all you do." It's amazing how meaningful a thank you can be. I think that is one thing we can all be better about, telling each other how much we care about each other and that we appreciate our relationships. God has blessed us immensely with relationships, whether they be between friends, family members, your husband/wife or your co-workers. Kacey truly has been my rock at school and I know she is a blessing from God. (My other rock is in Singapore now and I still miss her daily!!) If you haven't told someone you care about lately that you are thankful for them, try it out! They will appreciate it!! Here are some pictures of our award night. :0)


This is the president of UHCL, the president of the Texas Regional Collaborative, the support rep. from Shell and Brenda, who organizes all of the collaborative workshops and teaches at UHCL. (She's also an Aggie!)

Kacey and me with our Principal :0) 

Us with Sally, our Science Coordinator at school

Collaborative Participants

Kacey, me and Brenda

In other news this week in the Campbell household, our little pup got a hair cut!! I tried a new place down in League City, it was a little farther of a drive but she was happy when I picked her up, which was an improvement from when I brought her to PetSmart. Jacey doesn't need to get a haircut often though, which is good. Just occasionally when her little face hair gets long! They gave her a little pink bandana! I just loved it, so cute!!


Little pup got comfy while we were changing the sheets. :0)


A couple of verses to leave you with...


"After David had finished talking with Saul, he met Jonathan, the king's son. There was an immediate bond between them, for Jonathan loved David. From that day on Saul kept David with him and wouldn't let him return home. And Jonathan made a solemn pact with David, because he loved him as he loved himself. " - 1 Samuel 18:1-3


"But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me." - Ruth 1:16-17


I love Jonathan and David's relationship, that they were knit together. I love reading  about Ruth's devotion to Naomi. Amazing people who were dedicated to one another, and who truly cared about each other and appreciated one another. There are a lot of people in my life that I am so thankful for, and I love thinking about the special role they play. It's amazing how everything fits together in our lives, how God makes everything play out for His good. I hope you have a fabulous weekend and tell someone today that you care about them!

3 comments:

  1. That is great! Congrats on the award. It is nice to have your hard work recognized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got recognized for all of those hours last year! It added up to a lot of Saturdays!!!

    Way to go Jen!

    P.S. I love Kacey's long hair! I haven't seen her in a couple years, I think

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the Collaborative Award !! I'm so proud of both of you. I am also so thankful to have you in my life. You will always hold a special place in my heart.

    I noticed that Elliott's kindergarten teacher was in the group picture of teachers. Her name is Wendy Bach.

    Jacey new haircut looks great, but she always looks great. !!

    ReplyDelete