Saturday, July 16, 2016

Corpus Christi, TX - June 2016: Day 3

Well, I told you that mosquito bite would come back to bite us. (hehe, did you get that??) So Jackson woke up Monday morning with his whole ankle and leg swollen... and what does any mother do?? Panic for a quick second and then jump on Yelp to find an urgent care to take him to. This has happened before, just from scratching I guess and I was afraid of it turning into cellulitis which leads to staph... you don't mess round with that kind of stuff. 

My favorite part about this whole escapade was how the nurse tried to take Jackson's blood pressure for about 15 minutes (still never got it) and then the doctor basically told me that this wouldn't have happened if I would have given him benedryl immediately after he got the bug bite... Really, does any other parent do that every single time their kid gets a bug bite?? I kind of shot some darts out of my eyes and then just told the lady at the front that it probably wasn't a good idea to make a momma feel like she's wasting her time with her kid... don't mess with mama bear. My favorite quote was, "I guess I can give you an antibiotic if you really think he needs one." Well sir, my kid's whole leg and ankle are swollen but maybe we will just risk it and hope we don't end up with staph in the hospital. Anyway, rant over, moving on. :) Needless to say, Dr. Brown will not be receiving a Campbell Holiday Christmas card this year.


For real, at least 15 minutes with this thing haha...
Yep, no big deal Dr. Brown. Thanks for your help.
This is completely normal after getting a mosquito bite, right everyone? I'm such a silly momma, completely overreacting... ;)
Donuts. Because any time you go to the doctor, you get a milkshake or donuts.
So FINALLY everyone, we made it to the BEACH!!! Finally finally finally!! Ahhhh I LOVE the beach. I love the beach so so much, I could spend all day just sitting there listening to the waves... I love the beach so much that I kind of enjoy cleaning the sand out of my car when we get home. I just think it is such a special part of God's creation. Today was a special day though because it was Jude-man's first time at the beach! I love watching babies or toddlers at the beach for the first time... like "what is this gritty stuff, Mom??" and "why does the water keep moving???" He actually did pretty well today, it seems like we may have another beach baby on our hands!!


First steps!
Love.


This is why I love traveling... experiencing new things and seeing their faces just light up.



Looking for sea shells. Dad always took us walking up and down the beach looking for shells or shark teeth,  love to see him doing that with my little one too!

Monkey hat for my little monkey.
The nice thing about beach time is that your kids take really great naps haha... I would have loved to stay out longer but my boys are soooo fair skinned. Eek! They would have burnt to a crisp! After we played for a little bit and ate lunch, we came back to the condo for naps and coffee time of course.

Sorry Melissa Hartwig. This is in fact a donut. It's called, "Mommy deserves a donut time."
Bed head.
After the boys' naps, we went to a souvenir shop. Because any time you see a giant shark head as the entrance to a shop, you must go when you have little boys. Jackson thought this thing was awesome. He had been pointing it out every time we drove by it.



After we bought a few pointless items and a really bright t-shirt, we had dinner at he Surfside Sandwich Shop. It was pretty good, really tasty burgers that were HUGE and a variety of things to eat. It was within walking distance from our place so that was nice too! I decided to split the last two days into two posts so come back later for our last day!

No comments:

Post a Comment