Monday, August 8, 2011

Back to school?? waaahh...

Well my morning started with this....




Yep, that's my mouth guard... I am one of those up-tight OCD type-A personalities and it seeps through my subconscious so that during the night I clench and grind my teeth. It's lovely... and, if I don't wear it at night, I have awful headaches the next day and my whole face hurts. It's great! I have no idea how to make it go away haha... but this morning I wash rinsing it and it just snapped! Right in my hand!! I guess I don't know my own strength. So now I have something else on my list to fix.... and these things are not cheap!!


To make my day even better, I went back to my classroom today to start getting things unpacked and organized. I drove all the way to school before I realized I had left my classroom keys and id badge to get in the door at home, so I had to go all the way back home and come back again. I just love these kind of days haha. I actually let out a verbal groan as I walked up the sidewalk to the door. But once I got in, it's always ok, despite the fact that they already have the tables set up for inservice next week... that made me cringe as well. I like my classroom though, and I am just praying that my year goes better than last year. I'll take a repeat of year one or two, but I just don't think I can handle a repeat of year three. It really did me in last year. Anyway, I just thought I'd share what things looked like when I got there this morning. It's always a surprise, you never know what to expect.


My room, everything crammed inside...

Behind my room, our storage area... yeah that's more of my junk...
I did know to expect this haha, I had to pack up some things that needed to be locked up at the end of the year.


So my first order of business was to plug in my new scentsy warmer for my classroom. It is a cute little cupcake and makes things smell so much better!!!


And it smells like birthday cake!!
Of course my whole wall of plugs weren't working though, sometimes that happens because our school's electrical system is so old. I emailed about it though and it was fixed before I left this evening, so that was nice.


So after about 2 hours of work this morning and then another 2 1/2 this afternoon got me to this point... moving this stuff around and cleaning takes a lot longer than you would think! I usually being my school year in rows, or a more formal set up and then move my desks into groups or different designs.




And last but not least, my desk! Doesn't this look like it could be my desk?? I think so. ;0)




I got that little pink lamp for 6 dollars at staples today! I was so excited haha!! Anyway, I'll probably post more pictures of the actual finished product. Luckily I have the week to finish things up and sift through all of the nice "donations" from my department head who is now in Singapore! I actually started tearing up when I walked by her old classroom today and peaked inside. None of her things were there and it was just so sad. :0( I guess it's time for me to stand on my own, it's just been nice to have such a dear friend and "mom" down the hall from me. Her son and husband actually made the monitor stand in the picture above.


Hope y'all have a super fabulous week! I'm enjoying my last few days of freedom!!! ;0)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about you mouth piece breaking. Maybe Jaycee will loan you one of her raw hide chew toys until you get it replaced! :-)

    Love ya!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the "donations". But I couldn't think of giving them to two nicer people. "My Girls" Your room is looking better. Sorry to hear about the mouth piece. I have been catching myself grinding my teeth as well. Maybe I should go use Elliott's retainer as he seems to be fogetting to use it. I can't believe that she hasn't taken down the sign also. A Twilight poster? Really? In my room?

    Love,
    Far Away Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, by the way, awesome monitor stand and it's so "Pepto-Pink!"

    ReplyDelete