Friday, August 12, 2011

A couple of favorite things...

So today was my last "free day" of summer, at least it felt that way. I know I have the weekend still before I go back to work, but it has already filled up with "things to do." :0) I'm trying to stay positive and just focus on today, which is all we can do. There's no good in worrying about the next couple of weeks. I have been praying so much that my year is better than last year though, and that I don't have a Jesus (and let me tell you, that is not Jesus as in Christ)... I just don't think I could handle it. Say a prayer for me too if you don't mind. :0)


Jacey loves it when I have multi-grain cheerios and strawberries. It is one of the cutest things. She loves it because I usually give her a few of the cheerios soaked in milk. Jacob of course scolds me for it, but it's just so cute to watch her take it from my hand and eat it. :0) I know, I'm teaching her a bad habit, but what does a dog really have to enjoy in life besides a few cheerios every now and then?



So, cheerios are one of Jacey's favorite things. One of my favorite things is getting my hair cut and getting pedicures. I know, trivial... but it's how I wanted to spend my last day of summer. 


Getting into perspective of the more important things in life, I read Gal. 2 this morning and thought that this was a good verse to focus on for today...



“I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who lives but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.” - vs. 20



Sometimes I think about what it must have been like for Paul. He was so intelligent, so strong and brave, always saying what needed to be said. There was no "tip-toing" around with this guy. I would like to think that I could say this verse just like he did, but there are things that I wonder sometimes if I put before God. I don't know that I do it intentionally, but it just seems to happen with my interests and desires throughout the day. (like today's schedule, right?? hehe...) Am I really living my life for God? This is one I need to say every morning before I start my day. I think I'm going to go add it to my spiral book by the sink. ;0)

1 comment:

  1. Give Jacey some Cheerios for me too. Hoping you have a wonderful day Monday, Much love to you and I will be thinking about you.

    Love
    mom

    ReplyDelete