Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Gal Pals and Pumpkin Spice Muffins!!

So a couple of my old roomies from college and I catch up from time to time through out the year, just to update each other on everything going on in our lives.... it's usually a hoot. :0) Today I met Sarah and Ashley at a cute little place in Katy called "Red Oak Grill," which is a Mediterranean grill cafe. They had gyros, wraps, sandwiches and salads, it was tasty! Anyway, I always leave them feeling very thankful for their friendship and for the time we spent together in College Station. They are two very special people in this world to me and gave me a lot of support then and still do now. 




Today I drove away thinking about how important it is to have connections with other people and how important it is to take time to talk with people and to get to know them. God is so wise and so "cool" (if you don't mind me saying!) to have designed us with this innate need for different types companionship. It is definitely something to be thankful for!! :0)


In honor of my Sarah bear (she introduced me this fabulous recipe), I made some Pumpkin Spice muffins for our ladies' Bible study tonight!! I had intentions to make yummy chocolate chip cookies and ran out of time, but it worked out because I these little guys on hand!! They are so easy to make and always a hit! So once again, just in case you are interested!!


Pumpkin Spice Muffins: (Makes 12 muffins)
1 box of spice cake mix
1 can of pumpkin pie filling


Directions:
Mix the two together  (very challenging, I know... haha... really, that's it!!)
Put dollops (I love that silly word) of the mixture into your muffin pan
Bake at 350 for 20ish minutes


Done and done!! Seriously, this is a great thing to have on hand for times when you need something on short notice. Obviously, from the picture below, they went over well. Hope y'all enjoy!!





2 comments:

  1. Sounds good. I hope they have the ingredients here. You just may have to bring them to me.

    ReplyDelete