Monday, September 12, 2016

Disney World Vaca 2016 - Day 3: Animal Kingdom

I love Animal Kingdom. I don't know why but Animal Kingdom seems to get a bad wrap from people, or they're like ehh just skip it, it's not worth your time. But I. love. it. I'm a zoo person though, and always enjoy going to the Houston zoo or Sea World... I mean, I would be completely happy traveling around the world and just visiting different city zoos. We went to the zoo in Singapore and also their night safari and it was absolutely amazing. But anyway, (ok that's tangent tally number 2 I guess ack!) we spent our third day here at Animal Kingdom and had a great time. I usually don't plan to stay the whole day here. There is plenty to do to occupy the whole day, and they are actually working on expanding the park and doing this whole Avatar section, but we do some of our favorite things and then use the afternoon and evening to rest.

Pluto came along today!
The first thing we did was get in line for the first Lion King show. I was planning on getting a fast pass for this but it didn't work out with the Kilimanjaro Safari ride times, and to me the safari is probably a better one to do the fast pass for. We noticed with the Lion King show that they put all the fast pass people in one section and let us all come in to the others, so our seats were actually better than the some of the fast past people's haha! Front row baby! We love this show though, it hasn't changed in ten years I think, maybe longer haha, but it's just fun and cool!

Getting a little better at that smiling selfie thing hah!



Our favorite part is the trapeze/gymnastic routine with the "monkeys!"
Fox is on the scene!


After the show, we headed over to the Kilimanjaro Safari ride and used our fast pass to get in line. I brought my ergo baby and Jude knocked out during the ride! So he missed a lot of the animals but caught some snoozes instead! This is one of my favorite rides! I know it is somewhat staged so the animals can always be seen, but I just think it is fun. It even rained on us a little bit and cooled things off, which was nice!


Love my boys!

I am tired mama!



Out.




After the safari ride, we went back to Rafiki's Conservation Station Train and went out to the conservation facility.

I know I've said it before but I love carrying my babies around sleeping. Waiting for the train!

Sweaty hot mess today!
This kid was really excited to be riding another train!





Jackson loved these huge animal cut outs. We have pictures from Jackson's first trip just like this!
Jude said, "I don't think so!" and went and stood behind the garbage can haha... he wouldn't have anything to do with those animal cut outs!

POOP!

"That's so cool!"


I love these curious little minds.
Beckett the Chinchilla ... like from Castle hehe.
We rode the train back and then walked to Pizzafari to get some lunch. They used to have Mickey shaped pizzas here so I was a little bummed to see normal looking pizzas haha but they were still good.

#threenager
He kept making this face every time I gave him a grape. I just love him.

After lunch, we ran over to see the Nemo musical. It's a really cute show, good singers and cute set up. Jude wasn't sure what he thought about it, and Jackson for some reason was very scared by parts of it so we left early. It's interesting what stresses him out sometimes, today it was flying sea creatures and happy singing.
Whhhaaa are we doing???

We walked through Dinoland on our way out so Jackson could see the big dinosaur. They have a pretty cool play area here and a place to dig for fossils, but we opted to head out to the bus so the boys could take a nap in the resort room.


Car plus a dino, what more could he ask for?!
Love this pic!
Because when you are three and sitting on a bus you get bored and take pictures of our feet on mommy's iPhone. And let me tell you... these shoes, Skechers Go Walks, are seriously the BEST walking shoes ever. Even got wet and they dry out quickly, keeping my feet dry. They were perfect for Disney!
This guy, packing up that stroller like a champ!
The boys slept about two hours, and then we hopped on the bus and went to Downtown Disney for dinner. They have completely redone the whole Downtown Disney area, and it is actually called Disney Springs now. Tons of restaurants and shopping now, it looks like a totally different place! There was still kind of the original section that had our favorite stores still there, so we were excited about that. We reserved a dinner reservation at Frontera Cocina and y'all... BEST meal all week. Jacob and I did a happy dance when we saw a vegetable. WAT WAT?! Grilled Zucchini! Whoo hoo!!



So delish! And plantains everywhere to go with it!
World of Disney store!
So the boys zeroed in on the cars in about 2.5 seconds and went to town trying to find some we didn't have. At this point in time that is almost a miracle haha... we have SO. MANY. CARS.
Look at Jude man making that dive in! Success!
This is my favorite store! I always like to snag a Christmas ornament while we are here! I do that on each of my trips, that way when we put up our Christmas tree each year, we can think back to all of our sweet memories on trips together!


Heading back to the bus!

Bus please!
So that was Day 3! Come back for day 4 when we travel the world at Epcot!


No comments:

Post a Comment