Saturday, September 3, 2016

Disney World Vaca 2016 - Day 1: Flying From Houston to Orlando & Hollywood Studios

Y'all... Disney is a special place to me. I don't know what it is about those parks, but they carry such sweet and fun memories for me growing up. I will always remember sitting next to my parents on It's a Small World, or Pirates of the Caribbean... or on one of my favorites, the Haunted Mansion... and then going when I was older with my family and marching with my High School band before the light parade! We did a Homecoming lights out show, so why not march in the dark at Disney too?! 

Bringing my boys to Disney World is so important to me. I want them to have the same fun memories as I do, to know that we made the effort to bring them and pushed that huge stroller all over the parks, held them when they were tired and most importantly, spoiled them with lots of ice cream and Mickey stuff. That's what Disney is all about, just plain having fun. It's a time to not worry about the burdens and responsibilities of the this world and just enjoying being with your family. And people, you could not put a price on the looks of excitement and wonder on their little faces this week. I'm pretty sure I cried like five times at different points because it was just so precious to see how excited they would get. Jacob seriously though I was preggo again but NO I AM NOT haha... ;)

At this point in my life, I needed a break. Things have been heavy the last couple of months, and I was feeling it. This trip was just what I needed. 6 days to snuggle with my boys, to go to sleep with them and wake up with them, to team up with my awesome hubby and get them into the parks, through the lines and fed haha... 

We were initially planning on driving, because I was trying to be economical, but when I realized that we had enough points on my Capital One Venture card to pay for flights, we said YES PLEASE!!! I was so nervous about how the boys were going to do on the flights... It was Jude man's first flight (technically second if you count the one to California in my tummy haha...) and Jackson is just completely unpredictable every day of his life, especially since he turned three so I had no idea if he would be able to keep it together or not. And considering that every day for the last two weeks he had told me, "I don't go on the airplane, I don't go to the airport, I don't fly on the airplane" I had a lot of good reason to be nervous haha. But they did SO good. I was so proud of both of them. They were sweet and patient, Jude conked out for half of the flight (his brother has yet to take a nap on the plane and I think I counted that this is his fourth trip to fly somewhere) and Jackson sat with Jacob doing activities. So here we go. Headed from Houston Hobby to Orlando!


I have this exact picture of Jackson at this age before our flight to Orlando when we flew to meet Jacob after his training and do his first visit to Disney!

I just love these two so much.
My sweet squishy face Jude man. 
Because Daddy is always a good person to climb on.
We boarded the plane!
I always bring new little activities or cheap dollar toys from the Target dollar section, new book etc. for my kids when we travel. Novelty will get you pretty far most days.




Judester. A.k.a. Bottomless pit. This kid is constantly eating these days.
Oh the glorious iPad!
Y'all... these moments are the best. I think out of everything that being a mom entails, holding my sweet babies while they are sleeping and rocking them to sleep is my favorite. Nothing beats looking at their sweet faces while they snooze away.
We made it to Orlando and off the plane to the airport tram!

Pretty fountain and hotel in the Orlando airport.
Once we got into Orlando, we ate some lunch and made our way to the Disney Magical Express coach. So once again, Disney seriously has it together. Before our trip, I called and scheduled our spaces on the bus and requested baggage tags. Once we checked our bags in at Hobby, we didn't see them again until we got to our resort room. They took care of them! We hopped on our bus and went to check in to our room.


Yeah my face is kind of creepy here. I must have been really excited lol...
Magic bands! These things were awesome, scanned them for fast passes, opened our room and overtime we made a purchase or got a meal off of our meal plan, they scanned them and kept track of everything.
The lobby area of our resort, Carribbean Beach!

We got to the hotel and tried to get the kids to lay down and take a nap but that was a total joke haha, so we jumped on the Disney bus and went to Hollywood Studios for the evening. I didn't have a full day planned here, mainly because the park has a lot of renovation going on and many parts were supposedly blocked off, but I wanted to at least go for a few hours. We saw the Disney Junior Live show here, which was super cute and the boys loved it, and then grabbed some dinner.

Always have to get a picture of the entrance!





Yes, we've been outside for an hour and are already a sweaty mess haha...

Trying to figure out what was going on hehe...

The show went through a few Disney shows like Doc McStuffins and Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
Time for dinner!
Can I please freeze time of this sweet face??!!
After dinner, we ran through a couple of gift shops, and of course the boys spotted new cars in about 0.25 seconds. Had to snag a Carla Veloso and a Lightening McQueen. They played with them while we waited for the bus and basically carried these cars around with them the whole time we were here.





Back to the room for bath and pjs!
Mickey Mouse pajama boys! "See my belly, mom?!"

So that was our first day! Long but fun, as I assumed the rest of the week would be as well, haha! Come back soon for Day 2 at Magic Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment