Friday, September 9, 2016

Disney World Vaca 2016 - Day 2: Magic Kingdom

My boys woke up ready to go this morning! Day 2 is at Magic Kingdom! We have so much fun planned today and they are excited to get started! Honestly, I was a little nervous this morning because I wasn't sure how they were going to handle being out at the parks. It's hot outside, lots going on... and my kids are kids that need their naps. But when in Disney World, you get up when the sun is up and go haha! Actually, we didn't wake the boys any of the days we were here, we just let them sleep and got going once they were up. I think that was one of the things that helped us have a good week! Everyone knows that kids who have slept are much happier individuals, which in turn makes their parents happier individuals haha... anyway, on to the day!

Of course, sometimes two pictures are necessary because one kid is smiling in one and the other is smiling in the other haha!
Love this cheeser!
We started our day by grabbing some breakfast at the marketplace at our resort!

We took the bus from our resort to Magic Kingdom and waited through the lines to do bag checks and to scan our bracelets to get in.




I love coming around that circle and getting that first glimpse of the castle! And seriously, there are always balloons right here and I. Love. It.

First try haha...
So I had the bright idea of scheduling our first fast pass at Magic Kingdom to see Mickey Mouse. You know, because my kids love Mickey, he's located at the front of the park, and I thought, "hey, let's get this out of the way and what a fun welcome to the park!"

Well, epic fail. This is the second epic fail of the trip actually, the first fail was when I forgot Jude's fox at home. I know. What kind of mother am I. I literally broke out into a sweat in the airport and was nauseated the whole day, and slightly shaking because if you know Jude, you know he almost always has a fox with him and never EVER sleeps without it. We actually have two foxes (original fox from Aunt Madeline - yes I owe my life to her because around six months my kid started soothing and calming better when that fox was around and we also have back up fox because oh my what we would do if we lost original fox) and somehow, I left them both at home. (Insert emoji cry face here and maybe that one that has the scared horror face too, you know which one I'm talking about...) So as soon as I got to our resort, I got the address and ordered a new fox off of Amazon (Fox the Third) and had it sent to our resort. This would be where I would gush and gush about how amazing AMAZON is, how wonderful their customer service is and how they always have what you need and usually for better prices plus getting my diapers dropped off on my porch is awesome but I will spare you because I need to get back to this Mickey Mouse thing here. Sorry for the tangent... tangent tally anyone?? Anyone??

So we get into the park and make our way over to the Theatre at the front, park the strollers and scan our bracelets to do the fast pass to see Mickey. And then it happened. 

"I don't see Mickey."

No... ugh... please no... I have worked the last two weeks convincing this kid that Disney World will be fun, and seeing Mickey will be exciting because every day for a week he was telling me he didn't want to go. And we walked into the little theatre place and he freaks. Now, granted, the set up is kind of weird. You wait in line, then go into this little waiting room to continue waiting in line and then they let you into the room with Mickey with just your family so there's not a ton of people around. I appreciate the set up because it gives you a little privacy but it totally sent my three year old off the deep end. So here it goes.

Framer.
There's no reasoning with him when these kind of things happen.
The moment we've been waiting for...
Well, better luck next time mom.
And then we left the theatre and I looked at Jacob and asked, "wow did we just make the biggest mistake ever bringing them here??" and then started thinking about the money and ahhhh but then refocused, gave myself a little pep talk... REFOCUS mom, we're at DISNEY WORLD! Take your losses and move on! And moved on we did... hit the Speedway Racecars and the Tomorrowland People Mover "Train." (Sidenote: We called any kind of continuous moving ride a train, because in the mind of my three year old trains are da bomb right now so lots of rides this week are trains. Yep, pretty brilliant, I know.)

Getting ready to go!
Yep, lady stood up right when I was taking pics. This shot is much better than the  uhh other option.
And they're off!


This is one happy little dude!

I love this shot so much!
Bummer thing about being tiny is sometimes you can't ride the Speedway Racecars. :(
Love this squishy face!
On to the People Mover ride! Getting back on track!
I think my mom has a picture of her and my sister and I like this!


After we rode the People Mover "train," I took the boys over to the Starlight Cafe to have some snacks while Jacob went and rode Space Mountain. And then we may or may not have hit the giftstore too while he was gone!

This guy has been here my whole life.
This guy thought he was cool hehe.

We caught up with Jacob and walked back to the Disney park train and rode the train around to the other side. I told you, lots of trains going on around here! We grabbed some lunch and then hit some more rides!




Afternoon snuggles, since we definitely not napping out here!
This one just woke up so we gave him some fries!
Waiting in line for Little Mermaid ride! This was Jackson's first ride here!





Winnie the Pooh is up next!

Y'all. This killed me. Come on, what kind of refurbishing does THIS ride need??? Talk about let down... I kind of teared up a bit about this!
Around the park to Pirates of the Carribbean!
Snack time!

Second try haha.. it was bright, I don't blame him.
Early dinner at the Plaza Restaurant. So this was probably our worst meal here. I hate to say that. We ate here last time we visited and it wasn't that bad, so maybe just an off day for them? Anyway, probably won't hit this one again, but Jackson was super excited about the dessert!



Yes, all of those pictures were necessary. I mean, if you were me, which one would you cut out?!?!
You know it's been a good day when Jude man poops out on the bus ride. Love holding my sweet babies while they are snoozing. P.S. Fox the third was waiting for us in our room when we got back! Amazon saves the day!
So that was Day 2! Come back for Day 3 at Animal Kingdom!
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment