Friday, February 27, 2015

It's All About That Lace - Girl's Weekend in NOLA

Last weekend I left my baby boy for the first time to go on a little trip with my girlfriends! One of my closest friends is getting married in April, so we traveled to New Orleans to celebrate how fabulous she is! I have known Lacey for 10-11 years now, we met in college at A&M, and then both moved to Houston after we graduated. We are so excited for her to tie this knot this spring! Her sister put together this trip for us, and found a really cute house in a great location.






We drove in late Thursday night, so our next day we started our day we scrumptious beignets and NOLA coffee at Cafe Du Monde... probably my most favorite stop the whole trip! You walk up to the restaurant and wait in line to get in. Once you go inside, it is wall to wall tables full of people just eating beignets. There are some random waitresses that direct you to tables but you basically choose where to sit and then they come take your order, which is simple... how many beignets and how many coffees or hot chocolates do you want?! We had such a sweet surprise when one of our friends who couldn't come on the trip because she has a tiny one at home, paid for our breakfast! Who thinks of that!? So sweet!!
Walking to breakfast... 


The bride to be!
Getting the bump ready for all that powered sugary goodness ;0)
After breakfast, we walked around town a little bit and took a picture with this cool dude... and then headed back to our house to get ready for our spa day!


Lindsey booked us a spa room, so we had a place to sit and chat while we waited on our massages or pedicures. We brought snacks and just enjoyed talking and getting pampered!



That night, Lindsey gave everyone a little goodie bag with some candy, nail polish and these cute masks! Seriously, this girl went all out for her little sis!



The bridal party minus Jess!

Lindsey also made reservations at Brennan's for dinner, which was super yummy! We had some oyster appetizers and I had some gumbo and salad, and then bread pudding for dessert! 






Saturday morning we met our next reservation at a little place called the Courtyard of Two Sisters, where we ate yummy brunch outside and listened to some outdoor jazz music! I loved the atmosphere of this place, and the waiter was so nice! They also had the live jazz musicians come and sing to Lacey! So precious! I think half of us were crying by the end of it!





After brunch, we walked around town and did some shopping. I bought an ornament for our Christmas tree, it's my favorite kind of souvenir when we travel! There were a ton of cool shops and lots of live music in the streets and people doing artwork or some kind of show for the crowds.
Of course I had to stop and take a pic of this!


And who can come to a city with trolleys and not ride one?! Of course we couldn't pass that up! We rode down to the Garden district and then came back and walked back to our house.




We went to a silly dance class that afternoon and then hit Ted's Frosttop for dinner. Y'all... the best root beer floats... like for real... I want another one right now, they were so yummy. The burgers were good here too. I think everyone got the kid's meal buger and except for me and the other prego, Katie Beth haha... I was glad I got the big one though, I like a big ole' juicy burger!
Yes Please!
 So Sunday we tried to go to a church in New Orleans, but that was a flop... not in service anymore, which was very sad. So we drove on to Gonzales and worshipped there at (ironically enough) Southside church of Christ!

After church, we stopped off at George's Diner situated under I-10! This place was the coolest, the people who worked here were super nice and there were dollar bills tacked up everywhere, even on the ceiling! Yummy catfish and po' boy sandwiches here for sure! 


Love this momma!
We headed back to Houston after this and made pretty good time. Got to see my little man and hubbie at church! I definitely cried when he saw me and said, "mommy!" He just snuggled on me and kept looking up at me like is it really you?? The break was nice, but I missed him so much and was so happy to be back with him. He really is my heart on the outside of my body. 

Best wishes to my sweet friend Lacey! You will be a gorgeous bride!

No comments:

Post a Comment