Saturday, February 14, 2015

Will you be my Valentine? :0)

I love Valentine's day... I know some people think it's dumb, a bunch of bologna from the card companies blah blah... but I like taking an extra special day for my hubbie and now my little man, just to tell them they are special and that I love them. We had a fun day today just spending some time together. I loved that Valentine's day fell on a Saturday this year, it was so much easier to celebrate!

We started off the day with some yummy pancakes, and of course I made a couple of little heart shaped ones for my little man. He wasn't super impressed until I tore it up and poured warm maple syrup on  it haha... But one thing about pancakes... I always have just used a box mix, which you still have to add oil or water, an egg ect. to anyway, so I just thought why not find an easy recipe from scratch? Pinterest to the rescue! This recipe was easy and quick, and you could easily put the dry ingredients together in bags for the future and then just add your milk, egg, butter and vanilla the morning you wanted to make the pancakes. It's kind of like making your own box mix without all of the unpronounceable ingredients haha! These little guys were nice and fluffy and I'm kind of wanting to eat them again right now as I think about them... mmmm...

Mom, what do I do with this?!?!
Much Betta!!! 
mmmmmm...
After breakfast we got ready and then exchanged our gifts. I don't know why, but it's just fun giving your little one small gifts, I think because they get so excited just from the smallest things like a 5 pack of Matchbox cars or a bag of M&Ms. I really have liked having a little boy, I kind of think their toys are more fun haha! Jackson absolutely loves Matchbox cars right now, and sleeps with one in each hand for his naps and nighttime. I mean seriously, all day long the kid has a car in each hand! Makes eating snacks and drinking milk kind of difficult at times! ;0) 

"Cheeeeese!!"
This little guy has my heart for sure.
Yep, we reused your bag, Grandma! ;0)

Reading his new Big Book of Trucks... we read it about 15 times today I think!
After gifts, we ran a couple of errands and then ate some lunch at McAllisters. Came back home for little man to take a nap and then played that afternoon at home. Jacob, being the all-star hubbie that he is, picked up flowers for me yesterday and steaks to grill tonight! So we had a yummy steak and baked potato dinner with some corn on the cob. Jackson was really into the corn on the cob haha... 


Just sporting some shades, and of course a car in each hand, see I wasn't lying about that! Sorry it's a little blurry!
Of course we documented this... ;0)
Once we finished dinner, we played outside in the backyard, where Jackson played his new game of starting at the back fence and waiting for us to say, "Ready, set... GO!" and then running to the back porch. It was so funny, I'm always wondering where he picks up this stuff because we definitely hadn't taught him to do that! He ran back and forth a good twenty times and then we went on a walk with Jacey. It ended up being a nice day and relaxing evening. Makes me super thankful for my little home and my little family. There are so many days when I just ponder why God has given me so much, because I just feel like I truly don't deserve it. But then I just return thanks and try to make the best of every moment, because they are so fleeting and unpromised. I hope you all enjoyed your loved ones today, Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment