Wednesday, February 4, 2015

New York City Vaca 2014 - Day 1 (Back Post)

Before we got pregnant with Jackson, we had planned a trip to New York with my sister in law and brother in law. It was somewhat of a baby moon for us, we just wanted to take a trip before having Jackson that summer because I knew it would be a while before we got to travel again! Well, you can never plan for life's curveballs, because the weekend before we were supposed to leave, Jacob's uncle suddenly and sadly passed away. We were so terribly saddened about the news, and wanted to be with his family for the funeral that week, so we delayed our trip until the next year. Of course that meant we would have another little tag along with us, which is the main reason why I did no blogging on that trip! While updating my blog and organizing my travel posts, I thought it would be a good idea to do some "back posting" so I could have some posts about our trip to New York to share with you.

So the night before we left for New York, was absolutely one of the worst nights I've had with Jackson. Poor baby has just not been a good sleeper, for whatever reason... teething, developmental stages... who knows! And of course the day before we are supposed to leave he gets a cold, and does not want to go to sleep! I was up for hours with him, crying with him, trying to figure out how to get him to calm down and sleep. We even sat on the back porch in the dark at midnight haha! It was such a horrible night that I truly considered just not even taking the trip and forgetting about the whole thing! But, my hubbie, as sweet as he is, said we could do that, but that things would be fine and we would work it all out. It's so nice to have a grounded husband, calm and patient, always with a thoughtful and logical thing to say in the midst of my emotional indecisive crazy lady meltdowns.

Thankfully, I had moved our flight to a later time in the morning so we didn't have to be up super super early with him. You can tell from the pictures below that he was so so tired. He did nap on the plane some so that was good.



We flew AirTran to New York, because at the time we booked their prices were the cheapest and we didn't care about having a lay over. With a baby though, I regretted having that lay over and having to go up and down again, but Jackson did pretty well. Air Tran was also a pain to deal with when we had to reschedule our flights. I will only fly Southwest after our experiences with them. Just f.y.i. :0)



It's always good to have a few new toys with you on traveling days. Gives them something to be interested while you can't move around on the plane! I was very impressed with how nice everyone was around us on the flights. I was apologizing for being that "baby on the plane crying," but everyone was very understanding and knew he couldn't help it. It's hard on their little ears!

I don't have a lot of pictures from this day, it was honestly a hard traveling day for us and I was so worried about Jackson not feeling good and trying to get us to where we needed to be I didn't take as many pictures as I normal do! Kind of one of those Mommy lessons. I will be more prepared and calmer next time haha! 

We finally made it to New York, flew into LaGuardia, and had wait on the plane about 45 minutes before we could get off. We got our luggage and a taxi and headed to our hotel!

I love how J is sitting up here for the picture!
After checking into our hotel that evening, we caught up with Justin and Madeline a little bit and ordered room service for dinner. The Sanctuary Hotel was a great place to stay, nice little rooms and great location. Note, the rooms were very small. You definitely would want to upgrade to the larger room. We had to just to fit the pack n play in with us, so that should tell you something! Normally I also take pictures of the outside and our room, but that didn't happen either apparently! I'm hoping I will come across one later as I go through my pictures again! The concierge was extremely helpful and understanding, and had a ton of good advice for us for things to do and how to get around the Big Apple. We got the pack n play set up from the hotel and finally hit the sack. 



No comments:

Post a Comment