Friday, December 23, 2011

Silver Coins and Calligraphy Brushes!!

So every year, since 1998, my Dad has given my sister and I a silver coin ornament. My Dad has always been into collecting items and these caught his eye in a coin magazine 13 years ago. It's become a tradition for us, he gives us a new coin and then we put them all up on the tree. This year the coin he gave us was a bronze coin because silver is so expensive right now. Dad said that maybe after Obama is out of office we can get silver ones again, but he was just joking. :0) Anyway, just thought I'd share a few pictures. I just love this collection he has made for us!!





On Wednesday I met with Patrice, her husband Ernie and Kacey for lunch to exchange Christmas presents. I just wanted to share what she brought over from Singapore for us because I had never seen these before until she gave them to us! They are calligraphy brushes, if you can believe it. They are beautiful though and very unique. Just thought you might find it interesting.


1 comment:

  1. Nothing but the best for my girls!! Can't wait until you come to visit !!

    ReplyDelete