Monday, December 19, 2011

Really, a Mosquito Bite??

Yep, the first day of my break began with a mosquito bite on my little poochie's dog walk this morning. I was actually confused for a minute as to why my hand was itching and then I remembered, "Oh yeah, I live in southeast Texas." ;0) A lot of other things have been going on lately though so I just thought I'd fill you in a bit.



We obviously put our Christmas tree up, I always love doing that and looking through all of the ornaments we have collected since Jacob and I have been married. We have so many with special meanings, one of my favorites is the Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip ornament we got from Disney World a couple of years ago. 




Last week, my sister had her first formal choir performance and she did great! My parents came into town for it and we had dinner afterwards.




I don't think I shared this little labardoodle episode... this is what we came home to last Sunday afternoon. Apparently our little girl got bored with her toys that we left her to play with, so she made a play date with the toy basket instead. She never seems to fail to surprise us. :0)





She also got some new pink booties for Grandma's house. These are easier to put on her and were only 8 dollars at her favorite store, PetSmart! :0)






Jacob got his CPA certificate in the mail, so I guess that means he's really official now! He has worked so hard for this, I can't tell you how many hours of effort went into this certification. 


I went and had lunch with two of my sweet nieces today and then we went to see Santa at the Galleria. I love those two kids!! I gave Olivia her first present today, it was really cute watching her open it. It's so fun to watch little ones grow up, her personality has changed so much since she was born last January. :0)


My Science Mom came in from Singapore on Saturday!! I am so excited to see her, I have missed her so much!! Patrice was my rock for three years at school, and she helped me in so many ways... she was always there for me doing anything and everything necessary to support me and my students. Even being literally on the other side of the world, she still supports me and helps me when I need it. We've worked out times when we can call and chat so even though there is a 13 hour time difference, we still have kept in touch very well. We have lunch plans for tomorrow and Wednesday already this week. :0) The plan is for my sidekick at school and I to go visit her at the beginning of the summer! We are definitely excited!!



Speaking of my school sidekick (Kacey is on the left), look at the cute calendar she gave me for Christmas!! Love it! It already has it's little place on my computer shelf on my desk. :0)



Ok, and I have to share this too... My other neighbor, Brandon, who is also teaching 8th grade science this year got the most awesome gift from a couple of his students... He is well known for wearing ties every single day to school and always looks very nice, so these girls thought they should make him a special tie, and of course he wears it very proudly.

Something to leave you with... 

"For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another." - Gal. 5:13 




2 comments:

  1. Just one little ol' skeeter bite? Remember what it was like back home?

    Congratulate Jacob for me! He's accomplished quite a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I got to share some time with you. Can't wait for Monday !! Call me as soon as you get back into town.

    ReplyDelete