Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Friendsgiving 2015

So something like 5-6 years ago one of my friends started a Friendsgiving at her apartment in Houston, and we have continued having it each year since then. These are a few pictures from the first few we had! I wish I had more, might have to hit up Lacey for them for next year's post! 

This was our first year! Such fun memories!


Lacey was a big fan of hats as you can see haha...
It started out small but it has definitely grown! This year and last year we had it at our house and it is so much fun to host! We always do a potluck because that is just plain easy when you have a ton of people to feed! So here's the events of the day getting ready and enjoying the party! :)
Little man helping me out the day before getting ready! Love carrying this little guy around when he's a fuss fuss!
Because Saturday mornings are for snuggling in Mommy and Daddy's bed with a little Paw Patrol on the side. (Yes, my 6, now 7, month old watches cartoons... #secondchildprobs)
Annnnd no one signed up to bring the turkey this year! (Insert crying emoji!) so I put on my big girl panties and bought one at HEB. Eight bucks for this 18 lb. sucker. Can't beat that.
These easy oven bags made cooking the turkey a no brainer. Just pop it in with seasonings and oil and seal it up.

Umm my face about sticking my hand INSIDE the turkey to get the ack neck out and the ack giblet package... why in the world does anyone need a GIBLET PACKAGE?!?!?! Cooked that bad boy for fourish hours and it was done and ready to
eat. Thankfully no one got food poisoning. Thanksgiving Turkey success!
Helping Momma get that turkey ready!
This good looking man turned 6 months the week before, so of course pictures were in order!
"Hey, gimme that sticker!"
And some silly pics with big brother, who is ALWAYS silly silly!
These boys have stolen my heart.
We had SUCH a good turnout this year! I think about 40ish people came! Of course I made everyone take a picture, because anyone who knows me know that everything in life must be documented.
Yay for self timers! It works!
Look at this group! SUCH sweet friends! And there were even more after this was taken!
Because of course baby friends must wear hats and take a picture together! Jude was SO excited hah! Cannon is like, "Dude what's your problem! Get it together!"
This was only one side of the kitchen! TONS of food!
My bestie getting a snuggle from the Jude man.




My other bestie getting snuggles with the Jude man! He's such a ladies' man!
Sooo this happened... hahaha... no not planned, yes sisters, same parents, same brain so same old navy shirt paired with dark skinny jeans. Too bad I cut 8 inches off of my hair a few months ago because then it would have been super cray!
Lacey, the brains behind this operation is on the right here!
Hope you enjoyed seeing some of the highlights of the evening! It went over so well! We can't wait until next year to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment