Thursday, October 29, 2015

Our Sunday Funday :0)

So this term/hashtag "Sunday Funday" has been relatively recent I guess... either that or I'm oblivious, so it's totally possible that it has been thrown around for the last decade or two and I didn't realize it haha... but it always makes me a little sad to see it, because generally it is people out doing something recreational and "fun" on Sunday instead of spending it worshipping our Creator. There is nothing more that I would rather do on Sunday than worship God, because He has done so much for us. I just can't imagine skipping out on worship to go fishing (not that I fish) or to a game or concert to have "fun" when there is an opportunity for me to praise God for the sacrifice He made for us, for how He Shepherds and watches over us.

Now that I've had two boys of my own, I just can't even understand how our Father gave up His Son for our sins, to be brutally murdered and treated so maliciously. I was telling Jacob this week that one day when I was rocking Jude for nap and looking at his sweet sleeping face, it occurred to me that I couldn't fathom giving him up to death for someone else, and standing nearby watching it happen. Mary was such a strong woman and not faint of heart.

So it occurred to me this past Sunday that I would snap a few pics of our "Sunday Funday" and maybe put a different spin on the phrase, because there is nothing more that I want to do than worship my glorious Father in Heaven and share that time with my sweet family. And yes, Sundays are so incredibly hard with babies/crazy toddlers and naps, but they are enjoyable to me. It is fun to be with my brothers and sisters in Christ, and it is fun to sing praises to our awesome God and learn more from His word.

We always start our mornings getting ready for church, so I snapped a few pictures of me and my littlest man before we left. Love his little man shirt and shoes. You can just imagine the pictures of worship because I didn't take any of those today, hah! ;)


So bashful ;)
After services, we usually come home and eat but sometimes go out. Today it was raining because of the hurricane that came in so we just came home and ate leftover Mexican food. Which I don't know about you, but a rainy day plus Mexican food is my love language.

I put Jude down for a nap, and the nice thing about Sundays is that Jacob puts Jackson down for a nap, so this momma jumped in bed with a cookie from my sweet friend, Miranda, and my iPad to read a little!


Opened the curtains and blinds so I could watch the rain.
My trusty sidekick, whenever there is food around, she's always close by. :)
My other sidekick. He came to give his momma some snuggles before his nap.
Snuggling on the floor, watching a show after his nap.
My shadow, always sticks close to her momma. Thinks she's the size of a chihuahua.
So anyway, this isn't anything groundbreaking, just a sweet day of worship and snuggles with my family. I am so thankful for the life I have and the opportunities we have to worship our Lord so freely. Hope you take advantage of them too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment