Wednesday, March 25, 2015

San Diego, CA Vaca - Day 1: Traveling from TX to CA

So usually I am kind of a basket case when it comes to getting ready to go on a trip. I'm obsessed with traveling, I think if you've known me for ten minutes you can pick up on that, and even though it kind of makes me a wreck the day we fly I still have to go. This trip was honestly the most calm I have felt leaving, I wasn't nervous at all, so I was kind of proud of that haha!

Jacob's mom picked us up this morning and drove us to the airport for our 9 a.m. flight... of course there was a wreck on the high way but we were able to get around that and of course when we were parking we got behind the slowest person on the face of the planet going up to the 4th level (because seriously the other three were already full?? WAT?!) but we finally parked... and of course my suitcase was one pound over, so I had to move to something to Jacob's (that makes it better to just displace the weight...) and of course I forgot to dump the water out of my bottle so they had to check it out and make sure the prego woman with a crazy toddler yelling, "out! out!" (he was in the stroller) didn't have some master plan to take over/blow up the plane ect... We did get some yummy Dunkin Donuts breakfast sandwiches though without much of an issue, and then we go to board the plane... and Jackson acts as if he has never ever flown in his life (this is his 4th flight) much less gone anywhere with me in public by himself and starts screaming and flailing (I do not lie!) as if his little world is ending... (I am laughing now but at the time I was not!) So Jacob had stepped to the side to fold up our stroller and because people are NUTS when it comes to getting onto planes, about ten people got in-between us and that was just too much for little Jackson, who recently decided that Dada is the coolest person on the face of the planet and completely flipped out. So I'm wrangling this kid trying to get down the aisle and of course everyone is staring at us like, "please don't sit by me...." but thankfully a nice Dad stood up and took my drink and bag so I could sit down with him and then people realized I was prego too and were like whoooaa...  Jacob finally caught up to us and once Jackson got some Daddy snuggles he calmed down and the rest of the flight was perfect. We only spilt two drinks, one on me and one on the third seat companion winner (he has twins so he was like no worries) so I would call it a success, right? We got into San Diego early, got our bags, caught the shuttle to get the rental car (yes, you shuttle to rentals here! Be warned!), got the rental car and found a place to eat lunch thanks to the most awesome app in the world... yelp.



Looking at planes before we boarded!

This kid is obsessed with breakfast sausage... for real.
Post flight freak out... all smiles!

Buuuut maybe I'll do it again??? hehehe.... nope, just knock over a few drinks instead!
Lacey, your bachelorette weekend ring pops came in handy for helping with the ears popping!
And of course the ambulance had to make an appearance. 30+ years old and well traveled. :0)
So after landing and getting our rental car,we were starving and our room wasn't quite ready, so we looked on Yelp for a place nearby to eat and this amazing find came up. Luche Libra. 4.5 stars and over 4,000 reviews so it must be good, right? Y'all, this place made me want to put on a mask and jump in the ring for some smack down. The decor in the place was great, I wish I would have taken more pics, but the tacos and guac were even better! Loved the surf and turf tacos! And, a toddler's dream... they had HOTDOGS! So of course we documented Jackson's first Californian hotdog. (I know, I didn't want to become a hotdog mom, I don't really care for them but once your kid has one taste, there is no going back. Especially once they learn to request them. Thank you Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...)

Yep, ate the whole thing. 
So apparently we realize when Mommy and Daddy want you to smile for pictures now and are rebelling!
We got a call from Homewood Suites that our room was ready, so we headed over after we finished lunch. Our room is great, there is a sitting area and kitchen separate from the bathroom and our room so we don't all have to sit in the dark once Jackson goes to sleep haha! This place has a great location, free parking (most hotels charge 18-20 bucks a day) and free breakfast! Whoo hoo!
Views from our Room





 Jackson took a nap and we rested (so tired from traveling!), and then we went to see the U.S.S. Midway and Tuna Harbor Park before getting some dinner. I would have liked to actually tour the battleship, but no strollers plus stairs plus small openings is a no go for this prego momma right now! Maybe next time Midway! We still enjoyed looking at the ship, and playing in the park a bit. Jackson loved running around and the fearless daredevil that he can be at times, kept wanting to go over the ledge to play on the rocks and water below... I don't think so!






I love this statue! So cool!
Hi, I'm Jackson and hate taking pictures today so mommy looks ridiculous because she was trying to get me to look and smile!








This is why Jacob had like 2000 more steps than me on his fitbit today haha...





We drove over to Little Italy for dinner, and found a place (thank you Yelp again...) called Pappalecco's. We had yummy paninis, salads and pizza for the munchkin! They had the BEST gelato here too. The sweet girl working gave Jackson a taste and he kept asking for "mo!" haha she gave him about 3 samples I think! (Don't worry Mom, half of mine was sugar free and I had a salad so I could save my pancreas prego problem carbs for dessert!)















You think he enjoyed himself?? haha...
After dinner, we stopped by the Trader Joe's down the road from our hotel to get some milk for the Little Man! And some snacks!



2 comments:

  1. I love those Homewood Suites rooms! Looks like you had a very busy first day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! The setup was great and the breakfast was so good every morning! And the location was perfect for what we wanted to do!

    ReplyDelete