Friday, February 8, 2013

And in other news...

We have some other fun news to share... our little family is expanding! This probably isn't news to a lot of you, but I thought maybe I should do some updates on this front. I am almost 20 weeks (on Monday) and we found out this week that we are having a little boy. It's amazing how much things have changed in the past few months, and being pregnant is definitely an interesting experience. Since I have so many family members that live far away, I just thought I would post some pictures for them and others to keep up with how we're progressing. We are looking forward to our due date, July 1, and prayers are welcomed by all for a healthy and happy :0) baby boy.

Our announcement :0) Of course Jacey was involved!

One of the most fun parts of this is that a good friend at church is only 5 days away from us! This is us at 15 and 16 weeks!
 So we let Jacey make a prediction about what we were having. I gave her two card stock papers, blue for boy and pink for girl. I asked her, "ok Jacey, what do you think we are having?" She sniffed and pawed at both of them and then picked up the pink card and started running around with it. Then of course she started to chew it up and eat it. so I guess she was pretty excited about it.



Little Baby Campbell at 19 weeks - about 10 oz. (size of a coke can)

So, Jacey ended up being wrong! But my eighth graders and Jacob's audit team were right in their guesses! I polled my students and they came up with a majority for boy! Jacob's co-workers all wore pink or blue to work the day we found out and once again, majority voted for boy! It has been so fun finding out and sharing it with everyone.



Of course, you know me, once I find out what we're having I have to go buy a couple of little outfits. I couldn't pass up the tiny man vest and dress shirt onsie. I do love the baby boy clothes that look like something Jacob would wear lol. (Not the onsie, but you know what I mean.)







We have already gotten a few presents, and one was from a teacher at school who has a dalmatian. Of course when I bring home the little stuffed animal, Jacey assumes it is for her and gets so excited. Poor thing, she's got some adjusting to do. :0) Stuffed animals are no longer for ripping apart to eat the stuffing. What will she do!?

 I posted a few pictures that we are taking to show my progress throughout the pregnancy. This first one is right after we found out, and then the last one in orange is most recent at 19 weeks.


Jacob of course had to get a shot too. ;0)
 


 




Love my sweet girl. :0)
Anyway, hope you enjoyed seeing some of the updates for Baby J. We are certainly blessed, I just keep thinking I don't understand why God has been so good to us in the amazing family we have and in the home Jacob and I are trying to make. I feel like we haven't done anything to deserve the life that we have, and I hope that we are being good stewards of what He has given us. Love to you all.

3 comments:

  1. This post makes me so happy! :-). I love all of your pictures. Y'all are such a wonderful couple and I am so excited that you are having a sweet baby boy!! Jaycee is going to be the best big sister. :-). Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby momma!! Come see us soon in Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see more "Momma" pictures ! Miss my Princess !! Can't wait to see you all this summer ! Love, Your Other Mother.

    ReplyDelete