Monday, November 23, 2015

To Grandma's House We Go!

If you have checked out the About Me tab above, then you know I grew up in Vidor, TX. And yes, I am proud of that. Because people need to know that normal nice people come out of there haha and maybe some of you are saying, well who are you talking about???

When I was in college, most of my classes were huge, so most days I sat by a new person and usually people are good about small talk before class starts, so a common question was, "Where are you from?" And I would get one of two responses... one was, "oh... really... you're from THERE??? Isn't that where blah blah blah..." or people would have no idea where Vidor was and couldn't care less. Anyway, that's a total tangent when all I'm about to say is that we went to visit my parents in Vidor this past weekend haha... and I love my home town and am proud of it. It was such a great little place to grow up and I have sweet memories and friends there.

Friday, we spent the morning at home playing and watching movies so mommy could frantically run around trying to get all of our stuff together. If you have kids, you know it takes an incredible amount of stuff for them to function.

"Why do you buy me toys mom, just give me a measuring cup."


Then one of my best friends stopped by to pick up some oils she ordered and she dropped off EXACTLY what I needed to get through the afternoon!!! Love!!


After Jacob got home from work and the boys woke up from their naps, we packed up the car and headed over to Vidor-ville. It takes almost/about two hours from Friendswood to get there, and once we can get out of our part of Houston, it's not a bad drive. 

This little dude takes soooo long to fall asleep in the car... and then only sleeps 30 minutes.
Had to bring his fox to cuddle with. :)
As soon as we walk in the door, the boys are ready to PLAY. My parents saved so many of our old toys from when my sister and I were growing up, and Jackson thinks they are the greatest things ever to play with! Novelty gets you everywhere with kids!


I love watching my Dad play with my boys. Sometimes I feel bad for him that he had to put up with my sister and me being all dramatic and girly our whole lives, so it's been fun to watch him play with these little dudes. That toy to the left in the picture below, the little people zoo, was a "gift" from Joanna when she was born haha... 


And because my Mommy loves me a lot, she made my Great Grandmother's gumbo. I'm obsessed. I jokingly suggested it for dinner when she asked me what I wanted to eat, and the next time I talked to her she was all like, "yeah I got the stuff." :)


Thanks MOM!
It's always been a good dinner if you end up only in your diaper afterwards. #bluestripe #momchangemydiaper
And again because my mommy loves me... apple crisp. I may or may not have eaten this three times this weekend. I did go run Saturday morning... as if that helps at all. ;)


On Saturday, we just hung out at my parents house and just let the boys play. It's nice to just get up and sit around on a Saturday morning and let your momma make you breakfast. That's what I did. And I can't remember the last time I did that! Again, thanks Mom! :) 

Snuggles with Papa!
One of the perks of your baby deciding they don't want to nurse anymore, Gramma can feed him!
Jude has recently started eating solids, or beginning to figure out solids I should say. He loves to try to feed himself. I did baby led weaning/solids with Jackson because he also liked feeding himself and didn't really like me spoon feeding him. I've been trying to do both with Jude, but he really enjoys trying to eat with his own hands and it's a really cute mess. He's had pears, bananas, avocado and softened apples so far and also had some cheese and cantaloupe at my Mom's. It's really impressive to watch him I think, and he gets more of it than you think! 


After naps, my Dad came in with his annual "I have something red in my pocket for everyone and am trying to be sneaky about it even though I do it every year so you know it's coming" haha... For the last 15 years or more, my Dad has been getting my sister and I silver coin ornaments. They are so beautiful and each year have a different holiday design on one side and the year on the back. The last couple of years Dad has been getting them for my boys, and this was Jude's first one! 





Who needs a fancy coin, just gimme that pouch to chew on!
My sister and I with our coins! (You might spot my favorite mug from my Granddad sitting there!)

After lunch, we just cuddled and played some more. I really love days like this where I don't have anything "to do" or anywhere to rush around to. I can just sit with my family and enjoy them. The best. 


I love this so much!
After Jackson got up from his nap, my Dad gave him his coin too. Love his little face! So sweet!



We were planning on going to a Fish Fry Saturday with my parents that was being hosted by some sweet people from church here, but both boys woke from naps not feeling good and coughing... of course!! So we just stayed in out of the cold and let the boys rest. I feel like almost every time I bring them home they get sick haha, how does this always happen?!

Sunday morning we got up and went to church and then came back to my mom's for lunch, more playing and naps!



Because once you have kids, no one cares about taking pictures with you anymore!
This one may or may not have ended up becoming my mom's new phone background mysteriously... still not sure how that happened. ;)
Not sure if I've said this lately, but I love this guy. He has made my life so wonderful. :)
My sweet Grandmom June :)
We headed back home once the boys had a chance to take naps. Jackson was pretty miserable the whole way home, crying every time he coughed. I think he ate 8 pieces of chocolate because I was just trying to keep him distracted and happy so his little brother could get a little nap haha... #desperate

So of course, Monday morning we ended up at the doctor's office with a Starbucks vanilla frappucchino in my little one's hands. Because "milkshakes" always make doctors visits easier. He did so great and did everything the doctor asked him to without getting upset. I was really proud of him! Thankfully it was just a cold, but this momma would rather be safe than sorry, especially when they are having trouble breathing from coughing so much! Eek! 


Hope you enjoyed our weekend! More to come soon for Thanksgiving activities!

2 comments:

  1. Love the "milkshake"! These pictures of dad and the boys are precious!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really enjoyed the weekend, spending time with you and those sweet boys!

    ReplyDelete