Monday, August 18, 2014

Easy Chicken Spinach Parm and Zucchini Fries!

Just wanted to share a couple of Pinterest recipes that I tried tonight! They both were fairly simple (especially the zucchini fries) and both yummy! Usually I take pictures of what my meals look like because it is never like the pictures on Pinterest, hah! But I forgot, big surprise these days... anyway, give them a try if you like!

Here are the Z-Fries... so so so easy and so yummy! A quick side for a lot of different meals!
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2718

I really liked this dish as well, and it was pretty simple. One thing I didn't catch though is that it says to use chicken cutlets... I used chicken breasts just because it was what I had in the freezer! I cut them in half and tenderized them, but they cook longer to cook in the pan, so the bread crumbs started to get overcooked. I took them out and put them in a new pan to finish cooking the chicken, but you may just want to make sure you get the chicken cutlets instead! Also, I didn't use the ragu, I just used a can of tomato sauce and added some Italian spices. I think this would be great without the Panko bread crumbs if you are interested in cutting out some grains. Between my husband, father-in-law and me, we had no leftovers! I don't know how well this would take being left over because of the spinach. Anyway, see what you think!
http://www.momontimeout.com/2014/05/20-minute-skillet-chicken-and-spinach-parmesan/#_a5y_p=1992185

P.S. One of the reasons these two worked together pretty well tonight is because you broil the fries and you broil the chicken at the end to melt the cheese. Just made it a little easier at the end to broil them at the same time. Happy pinning/cooking friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment